Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chapter titles

I decided since I've been writing chapter titles for Shattered Ice that I now want to also do chapter titles for Ignited. They're kind of fun. Way more fun than actual titles, which practically give me a brain anuerism to come up with. Yes, it is the small things that make me unnecessarily excited.

Also, I've finally gotten to the point where my first person story is coming easily, as far as having Emma's voice and not mine. I'm not having to think after every paragraph, 'does this sound like Emma, or does it need to be fixed?'

Which was a lot of work. I'm glad I've finally gotten through that. First person is still not my best friend, though. I don't know why, but I just like writing in third better. But what fun is writing if you never branch out and challenge yourself?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Haha, I love chapter titles, they're so much easier than proper titles- I'll agree with you there!

Glad Emma's voice is coming easier for you! I used to be a fan of writing in third person, it was all I'd writ in! Now I've kind of gone to first person and find it harder to write in third person haha.

Chanelley said...

I love chapter titles too. It also helps me set up the tone for the rest of the chapter.