Friday, May 29, 2009

Finished!

So the title should make it pretty obvious what the point of this blog entry is. I've finished writing the first draft of Shattered Ice! About 72,000 words, which is perfect because it means there's plenty of room if anything's missing, and there's also plenty of leeway for me to cut things out that are unnecessary. I'm pretty satisfied. I hope it's a cool story, and I hope it's different. I had a lot of fun writing it, but I'm VERY happy that I'm done.

Now I'm going to not look at for a couple days (at least not for the weekend), then I'm going to give it a runthrough to try to get rid of any of my stupid mistakes and things I should be revising before letting anyone else see it, then it (and its two thousand questions) will be ready for betas! I will of course spend the entire time it's out with betas biting my fingernails anxiously and being filled with self-doubt since this is my first serious attempt with both first person and sci-fi (even if it's gentle sci-fi!) But I'm excited nonetheless. It will be nice to be able to talk about it without being so cryptic for fear of spoiling things!

And ew I just realized this means I'll have to work on the nightmare of an attempt at a query I wrote down in my notebook about a month ago. Yuckyyyyy. I may procrastinate that for a couple weeks, since I don't need it this second anyhow.

But yay!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

YAY!!

I'm so excited right now haha, well done! xD

Jamie D. said...

Just wanted to say congratulations on finishing! :-)

Chanelley said...

YAAY! That didn't take you long at all! Congrats.

Andrea said...

Whayheyyyy!!

Now butter it up and email it to me. I've been waiting too long...

Amanda Hannah said...

Congratulations!! I'll be waiting for my copy to Beta hehe

Kaitlin Ward said...

All you beta reading people better be prepared, because it should be ready for you by the middle of the week at the latest!

And I will of course expect it back by Friday...

No just kidding. However long it takes to truly absorb the awesomeness of it ;)
(And to tell me what to do to make it more awesome haha)

Michelle Schusterman said...

Hooray!

*wants*