Friday, June 5, 2009

I felt like I should.

It's been a week since I last posted, so I figured I should. I don't have all that much to say. Done writing Shattered Ice, done editing it (at least for a little bit!) I have the strong feeling that I should write a query and a synopsis for it now and just get them both out of my way, but I really don't want to. I actually tried to earlier, but I opened my document, opened a blank document, and then thought 'there's no way in Hell a synopsis is coming out of my brain right now.' Oh well. I will force myself to do it eventually!

I've read a bunch of books over the past couple weeks--The Hunger Games; Forest of Hands and Teeth; Wake; Evernight; Stargazer. And I liked them all. Wake (by Lisa McMann) was entirely different than I expected, but still good once I got past feeling misled by the blurb on the back of it. Forest of Hands and Teeth (by Carrie Ryan) was ridiculously action packed, and it impressed me a lot. The Hunger Games (by Suzanne Collins) is now on my list of favorite books ever (I even got my boyfriend to read it, and he LIKED it. This is monumental. If you knew him, the person who refers to fiction as "fake books," you would understand.) Evernight and Stargazer (by Claudia Gray) also are now going on my favorite books ever list, particularly since I thought Stargazer was even better than Evernight, when I often feel that second books can fall flat. Definitely not the case with this one. My faith in there still being good vampire books is restored. I think actually that I'll write a review of Evernight and all its amazingness (and maybe something else, at some point, if I'm not lazy--I'm all written out at the moment, need at least a couple days off), but I'll do that at YA Highway rather than here. Since I haven't done a book review on this blog yet, why start now?

Oh, and yes, that was a subtle hint to wander on over to the YA Highway blog if you haven't yet. For all your moose/writing needs.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Woo! Forest of Hands and Teeth is now on my list of books to buy at number 10!

Michelle Schusterman said...

Your "have read" list is remarkably similar to my "must read" list. Can't wait to read SI! :)