Friday, July 24, 2009

The most epic blog post of all time

Okay, not really. But I am not the most creative titler. I don't want to only post on Tuesdays, because that's just boring. So enjoy my writing update (it will be small).

This week I've mostly been editing editing editing. I'm now on post-beta edit #2. The first edit went pretty well, but this second edit is going even better. I got rid of some distracting things in my first edit, so now its easier to see the specifics. But it's very slow going. Three chapters down, twenty-eight to go. I'm having so much fun, though. It's definitely coming together, which is exciting.

And I decided to write my WIP in present tense. I don't know why. Writing something in present tense has never even been on the radar for me, but there were just all these signs that my subconscious wanted me to write it in present tense, so last night, as a reward for all my good editing progress, I switched the first chapter (which is all I've written so far) into present tense. It sounds better than I imagined it would. I'm cautiously optimistic about how this will go. I can pretty much guarantee that this story will either be super amazing or it will be a complete nightmare. We'll find out when I start working on it again!

So that's all, I think.

Oh except, can it stop raining, please? Seriously. It's been like two months since we've seen the sun for more than a couple days in a row, and it's getting old.

7 comments:

Amanda Hannah said...

Ohhhh. I want to hear more about this WIP. Glad editing is going well. I need to blog more than just on tuesdays, too lol.

Jenny said...

Glad editing is going well and looking forward to hearing more of your WIP! And whoo for trying presant tense- you're braver than me haha.

Michelle Schusterman said...

Cool! I'm reading something in present tense right now...it's certainly effective when done right! Makes me curious to try it...

Can't wait to read the new stuff!

Jamie D. said...

Hooray for editing...congrats on good progress, and feeling good about it!

And congrats on another post this week. ;-) I'll look forward to hearing more about your foray into present tense.

ElanaJ said...

Excellent work on the editing editing editing. And I'm currently writing in present tense too. It's harder than I thought, but very fun. Yay!

Leah Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Michelle said...

Want to trade me weather? lol
It's been 100 degrees with not a cloud in the sky.
I would LOVE a bit of rain... :D