Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesday...minus a teaser.

Yeah, I don't feel like teasering today. But I'm blogging anyway. About nothing, I just realized.

I went on vacation the past four days to Maine. It was nice. Relaxing. Internetless.

But now I'm back today, and had a lot to do. I haven't gotten as much beta reading done as I wanted to, or cleaning either. There is so much crap in my apartment, and every time I go somewhere, it feels like we come back with more baby toys! So instead of saving all the stuff the baby no longer uses (or never used, or I don't even know what it is...) for some imaginary future person who will need it, I'm throwing out a whole bunch of it. We just don't have the space. But we have even more stuff than I thought, so even working all afternoon has only gotten me about half finished.

I'm starting to get close to ready to query, which is kind of exciting. My query needs a little more tweaking, and I need to write a synopsis (actually I wrote half of a crappy rough draft version already--go me!) And I have about half left to go with revising Unthawed (the new title makes me happyyy), then it will go to a couple more beta readers. And be revised again. I think it's not in too bad of shape, so hopefully that goes well. By the end of the month, I hope I'll be able to start sending it to my pretty list of agents!

I know. That was boring. I'm posting it anyway, though.

5 comments:

Chanelley said...

Yay! Can't wait to look at it.

defcon said...

Ooooh cool. Queries sound scary though, dunno if I could ever come up with one, haha. But good luck!

Amanda Hannah said...

Woohoo! And already a rough draft on the summary?! Look at you go.

Kaitlin Ward said...

Rough is putting it nicely haha. And only half of it so far ;)

Kirsten Hubbard said...

cool!

but I saw the title and was like, oooh kaitlin teaser! very disappointed.