Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reading and writing

I have been neglectful of my poor blog.


So, writing: I'm about 7,000 words into my WIP, but I've decided to take October to figure out the things that bug me about its plot, and then try to NaNo it. I'm 20,000 words (typed) into my rewrite of Ignited, although I would not be surprised if I have another 20,000+ more in my notebooks--I've written some scenes out of order as they come to me, because some just come really clearly. It's weird how the plot is so completely different, yet so the same, as the original version. I'm quite pleased so far. Unthawed is being queried, so no status updates on that.

Reading: I want to do mini-book reviews again, since I read more books.

+Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott: it was...amazing. It feels weird to say that I loved it, because that doesn't feel like the right word at all. It made me so sad, disturbed, all the bad emotions, yet I love the fact that it stuck with me, and the writing was so amazing. I mean I actually was with this girl the entire way, and I got real butterflies in my stomach (of nerves) when I was scared for her. I think everyone should read this book, or everyone who can bear in mind that it's haunting, and not a light read, despite its misleading short length.

+Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr: I am really glad I read this. It made me like Wicked Lovely more than I did originally. I was unsure whether or not I wanted to read it at first, because reviews on Amazon held a lot of dislike for the ending, and I didn't want to read it if it was going to make me angry. But in fact, I loved the way it ended.

+Tithe and Ironside by Holly Black: I enjoyed these. I haven't read the middle one, Valient, yet, but it's in my TBR pile. It's standalone-ish. I think Tithe is better if you also read Ironside, but I thought the author did a really good job exploring the darker side of faeries.

That's good enough for tonight.

0 comments: