Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Roadtrip Wednesday: Haiku WIPs

YA Highway's Roadtrip Wednesday topic this week: summarize your WIPs in a haiku. Now, this combines two things I am not good at: summarizing briefly, and writing poetry. So what you will see here is probably not going to be breaking any haiku records of awesomeness, but I have to admit, I did sort of have fun. Don't take too much from these, though. I only kind of captured any of my plots.


Untitled WIP:
Sent back from the dead
To recapture her nature
Finds danger lurking

Ignited:
War in Hell’s bleak depths
Demons and humans entwined
Death the only end

Unthawed:
Beneath frosty plains
A fearsome beast is unleashed
Wreaks havoc above


If you want to write a haiku for your blog, go on over to YA Highway and link it in the comments section. And don't forget to check out the other Highway ladies' blogs, because they are awesome.

6 comments:

Amanda Hannah said...

Kaitlin you big fibber-those are great! I think you did awesome capturing the books.

Kristin Miller said...

I agree - these are perfectly capturing your books. I'm very impressed at how well you did that in three lines!

Kirsten Hubbard said...

omg these are fab. especially unthawed -- perfect.

Michelle Schusterman said...

Concurred-- you do not suck at this! The Unthawed one fits perfectly. :)

Leila Austin said...

What's with all this talking yourself down? These are fascinating.

I love the dark fantasy vibe of it all. I want to read more ASAP :-)

VĂ©ro said...

these are great!