Monday, November 9, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


This lovely blog award comes to me from one of my most favorite people, Kristin Miller. She and her baking and her writing and her blog could not be more awesome. And this is my first ever blog award, so yay for warm fuzziness! Thank you, Kristin!


My requirements, now that I've received it (which are also the requirements of those I pass it along to!)
  • Copy and paste the pretty picture in which you see on the top left corner onto your own blog.
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
  • Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
  • Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
  • Link to those 7 other bloggers.
  • Notify your 7 bloggers.
So I'll start with seven things you don't know about me. (Don't be scared.)
  1. When I was a wee little child, my career plans went like this: I was going to become a veterinarian/farmer. Then, I was going to use my veterinarian/farmer/cow loving skills to translate mooing into English, and I was going to write a book of my translations. This was going to be some sort of bestseller, apparently, because I anticipated it making me millions. I had big plans for my millions, which included things like: individual heated and cushioned stalls for each cow with automatic manure removal devices, a waterbed with fish in it (I didn't really foresee potential problems with this at age eight), and separate houses on what I think would've had to be a very large property for the several breeds of dog I wanted (including a wolf), as well as all the various farm animals I wanted. And a moose. I always wanted a pet moose.
  2. I am slightly obsessed with history. In particular, prehistoric times, the Roman Empire (actually, that whole time period, really), Vikings, colonial America, ancient Egypt, and the Middle Ages in Europe.
  3. Despite my mooing to English translation idea falling through, I would like to move back to the country sooner rather than later. If not on an actual farm, at least in a place where I can have chickens, and maybe a couple cows, and definitely a horse. There's nothing like waking up to the sounds of animals going about their business, and the smell of the outdoors.
  4. Even though I like to whine about winter, I really don't think I could live for very long in a place without all four seasons in all their glory.
  5. I love ruins and caves and creepy old homes or buildings. I absolutely want to go to Romania one day and visit "Dracula's" castle.
  6. I had never held a baby until I had one.
  7. Despite my intense love of dairy products, I don't like most soft cheeses.
So now, for my seven other bloggers to award. I chose: Amanda, Kirsten, Kristin, Lee, Leila, Michelle, and Veronique. In reverse alphabetical order (because dear little Amanda always gets to be first otherwise!) here's why:

Vero: Is just one of the nicest people. I love reading her teasers, her writing updates, her interviews with her characters. And her blog is so gorgeous with all it's stunning pictures, it makes me want to apologize to my blog for not putting in more effort!

Michelle: Not only is her writing awesome, but she also does so many other interesting things. She's a little rockstar. And may be one of the funniest people I know. And the food blog she does as a little side project (because she's too cool for just one blog!) will leave you drooling.

Leila: I think Leila could write a blog post called 'how to dig a small hole in your front yard' and make it sound like the most gorgeous and amazing activity of all time. Everything she writes is really just that beautiful.

Lee: Her teasers are awesome. Mainly because her writing is awesome. Her site is beautiful, too. Also, she is automatically on my cool list just for the simple fact that she lives in Maine. (We'll ignore Maine's little epic fail from the start of this month. Because otherwise, Maine pretty much rocks.)

Kristin: Mrs. Multi-talented. I want her to live with me and be my personal chef. Her posts are intelligent and thoughtful, and her writing makes me happy. She is also a crazy person who within a day or two (if she hasn't already) will have read 100 books this year.

Kirsten: Her amazing beautiful wonderful book, Like Mandarin, will be out in 2011. Her blog keeps you updated on this, provides the rare and spectacular teaser from one of her WIPs, has the CUTEST pictures of baby animals (a new one each week!) and will make you jealous with stunning pictures from her travels. She also shares my love of sloths.

Amanda: Her blog highlights her quirky, adorable humor. Her posts are like thoughtful little rays of sunshine. And she gives great advice, too. She is so very wise, even if she likes to pretend she's a lost little noob. Don't be fooled.

5 comments:

VĂ©ro said...

Awww! Thanks! :D

Kristin Miller said...

hahaha, I love number one. Thanks for the kind words! <3

Michelle Schusterman said...

Yaaaay!!! You're so sweet. And I just love your moo-English translation idea. It's so sweet how much you loved those animals growing up, and that you wanted to share your millions with the cows. :)

Leila Austin said...

Thank you!!! <3

I love your seven things, especially 1. Can't stop smiling at the thought of a book of 'moo translations'. That is pure awesomeness.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I didn't dream small ;)
haha.