So it's a little past Thanksgiving now, but I was away this weekend. Kirsten tagged me in her 10 things I'm thankful for post, so I figure I better do this!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
So, I'm not really all that exciting. Reading and writing have always been my main hobbies, ever since I was a little tiny thing. These things make me happy, so when I have some spare time, why would I not read or write?
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
...So I made one!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
This week's topic is hard/easy for me to answer--songs we associate with our WIPs. I like to write with music sometimes, but more often than not, it just distracts me. I also find that if I try to associate things in my WIPs with music while I'm writing, I end up not writing it the way I want, because I'm trying to fit it to a mood someone else has already created. I don't think everyone has this problem--just me, probably.
Monday, November 16, 2009
So this is a lame thing to blog about maybe, but I finally feel in love with my (still untitled) WIP. I vaguely blogged about my writing on Friday, and about this WIP, but I've now worked through everything that's going to happen in thorough detail, and it's ballooned to 20,000 (or possibly a bit over--some is still handwritten) because I've gotten really obsessed with it.
Friday, November 13, 2009
This might get really long. Just to pre-warn everyone.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
So this week's topic is nice and simple. Because we all write and read plenty of YA, but it can't be all we read.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
This lovely blog award comes to me from one of my most favorite people, Kristin Miller. She and her baking and her writing and her blog could not be more awesome. And this is my first ever blog award, so yay for warm fuzziness! Thank you, Kristin!
- Copy and paste the pretty picture in which you see on the top left corner onto your own blog.
- Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
- Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
- Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
- Link to those 7 other bloggers.
- Notify your 7 bloggers.
- When I was a wee little child, my career plans went like this: I was going to become a veterinarian/farmer. Then, I was going to use my veterinarian/farmer/cow loving skills to translate mooing into English, and I was going to write a book of my translations. This was going to be some sort of bestseller, apparently, because I anticipated it making me millions. I had big plans for my millions, which included things like: individual heated and cushioned stalls for each cow with automatic manure removal devices, a waterbed with fish in it (I didn't really foresee potential problems with this at age eight), and separate houses on what I think would've had to be a very large property for the several breeds of dog I wanted (including a wolf), as well as all the various farm animals I wanted. And a moose. I always wanted a pet moose.
- I am slightly obsessed with history. In particular, prehistoric times, the Roman Empire (actually, that whole time period, really), Vikings, colonial America, ancient Egypt, and the Middle Ages in Europe.
- Despite my mooing to English translation idea falling through, I would like to move back to the country sooner rather than later. If not on an actual farm, at least in a place where I can have chickens, and maybe a couple cows, and definitely a horse. There's nothing like waking up to the sounds of animals going about their business, and the smell of the outdoors.
- Even though I like to whine about winter, I really don't think I could live for very long in a place without all four seasons in all their glory.
- I love ruins and caves and creepy old homes or buildings. I absolutely want to go to Romania one day and visit "Dracula's" castle.
- I had never held a baby until I had one.
- Despite my intense love of dairy products, I don't like most soft cheeses.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I made apple crisp, and it tastes delicious. I just thought this is something that should be shared with the world.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
...Or how did your genre choose you (courtesy of Michelle).