Wednesday, January 27, 2010

RTW: My favorite book covers

I like lots of book covers. I am very easily enticed. But here are a few of the ones that caught my eye the most. I think it'll be pretty obvious that I go for simple, and that I don't like people on covers all that much.
Note: the images were being pains in the butt, so sorry if this post's formatting isn't the most beautiful of all time.

To start with, the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix. The covers that I have actually only have the title, symbols, and then either a white or black background. But when I googled, I found these, and they're all pretty too. This trilogy is also among my favorite books.




Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer has a really nice cover. The whole series does, actually. This was by far my least favorite of the series, but my favorite cover. I'm not sure why. It's very glossy and black and white. I like that.








Fade by Lisa McMann. It just looks cool. Obviously, I like covers with a lot of black.










Fire by Kristin Cashore is both one of my favorite books and one of my favorite colors. It's better to see the actual book. It's glossy, and has raised areas. It's just pretty.









Ironside by Holly Black. I really like this cover, because it's incredibly creepy looking.










Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. The cover is just amazing, because it looks so innocent and it's so not. It reminds me of how haunting the book is, just looking at it.









Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I like how the I is dotted with blood. And that the cover has a lot of white. I just like simple.

So there you have it, some of my favorite covers--maybe too many of my favorite covers. Visit YA Highway to see what everyone else said, and share yours too!

15 comments:

Chanelley said...

I really like these covers too.

Amanda Hannah said...

Ironside cover *drool*

Kate Hart said...

I started to use Living Dead Girl too. It's fab.

Leasie said...

Oooh, I love the covers, especially on Abhorsen; I think I've only seen the plainer ones before

Kirsten Hubbard said...

although I like all these -- especially LDG -- it appears we have different tastes with favorites: you prefer the symbolism, and I like people mostly. I think we probably both agree on the decapitated girl trend, however.

Michelle Schusterman said...

The covers for the Nix series are beautiful!

Kristin Miller said...

I haven't seen that LDG cover before. Surprisingly pretty for a story that packs such a punch.

Kaitlin Ward said...

Kirsten: I definitely am with you on the decapitated girl trend.

Kristin: I think maybe it's the paperback cover? Surprisingly pretty is exactly what makes it so creepy to me.

lynkay said...

Oh I love these covers! Especially those for the Abhorsen trilogy.

Angie said...

I haven't seen that cover for LDG either, and I searched for it on Goodreads too. *shrugs* Go figure. Awesome picks, though.

Kaitlin Ward said...

Angie: try Amazon.

Medeia Sharif said...

I fall for covers, too. The ones you picked are amazing.

Leila Austin said...

Lovely covers!

I forgot to mention the cover for Shiver in my post! I think it's beautiful. I try to leave it facing out at work, because people often pick it up from the cover alone.

I love the Twilight covers too.

Amna said...

I really love all those covers.

bclement412 said...

Living Dead Girl's cover is amazing