Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blog awards

I've been kind of hoarding these. Not intentionally, I just never remember to post about them. So now I have three to post about and pass along.


First is the Honest Scrap award. It came to me from both Kristin Miller and Becca Rogers ...It's from December, but we'll try to forget about that. For this one, I'm apparently supposed to share some true things about myself, so let's see. I'll try not to be boring.

1) I had the best childhood ever. No, seriously. I grew up on a farm, had a mom who stayed home until I was in first grade, a younger sister, and three boy cousins who were always over at our house, so it was kind of like having three extra (awesome) siblings and an extra mom--in a good way. There were lots of fields, lots of animals, lots of woods, lots of places to play.
2) My house (well, now, my parents' house since I don't still live there) was built by an ancestor of mine in 1790, and hasn't left the family since. It was the first built in the town (long before it was a town!)
3) I like to eat saltines and chocolate chips as a snack sometimes. It sounds gross, but it's so good.
4) I'm only just learning to cook without burning everything. It's actually more fun than it looks.
5) I'm very grandmotherly when it comes to cell phones. I get confused when there are two many buttons. I don't want one that does too much, because I get overwhelmed, even though I don't struggle with any other technology.
6) I (sometimes literally) cringe when I see a misused 'to/too/two'. Also, 'these/those ones', which is technically so incorrect, but has sort of found its way into the mainstream and seems to be accepted now.

Those are all the random facts I can think of at the moment. So I'm going to pass this along to three people.


On to the next award. The Humane Award, from Kristin Miller. Also in December. I'm glad she thinks I'm humane. That can only be a good thing, right?

The three people I'm passing this one along to:




And the groovy blog award, from Medeia Sharif. I am quite a fan of the fact that my blog could be considered groovy.

The three people who're getting this one:
-Kate Hart: Because, well, you just have to take one glance at her crazy awesome blog to see why it's groovy.
-Kristin Miller's food blog: Because there is nothing groovier than food. She takes beautiful pictures of her awesome creations, and it makes me drool a little.
-Kristin Otts: Because she did some really hilarious things with Bella and Edward dolls (I made that sound disturbing. Really, you need to see her posts, you will laugh so very hard). And she posts interesting, insightful things regularly.

(I felt like I should explain my choices for those groovy blogs rather than just link them!)
So...there. I'm caught up. Thanks to the lovely wonderful awesome people who awarded me these!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on the awards! I haven't seen some of these and these look super fun!!!

Amna said...

thank you thank you thank you!

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

You are so sweet :) I LOVE chocolate chips and saltines as snacks. Sometimes at Wendy's I hoard their little packets of crackers, lol.

Kate Hart said...

Thank you sweets! :)

Medeia Sharif said...

Thank you for the Honest Scrap. I'm going to post it soon.

Kristin Miller said...

Thanks for the groovy award! I'm finally going to get around to posting it. Tomorrow. :D