Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh, Strand. I do love you.

I don't know why I felt the need to blog about this. It's kind of pointless, actually. But as I mentioned in yesterday's post about my NYC weekend, on Sunday, Kirsten, Kody and I visited the Strand, a bookstore.


The best way to describe this bookstore is, a tiny--or maybe even medium-sized--piece of Heaven. That's what it is. We could've probably spent hours in there, but we were kind of on a timeline so I wouldn't miss my train. As it was, we scoured shelves for inexpensive books (both used AND new!)

I bought Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, on Kirsten's recommendation, which I'm about two thirds of the way through now. It rules.

And I also made the brilliant discovery that *gasp* you can order books from the store's website! Inexpensively! It made my day. And I have two new books traveling my way. Or will soon.

And thus ends my semi-useless post about the most rockingest bookstore ever.

3 comments:

Jen said...

How fun!!! I love visiting new bookstores in new areas!!! The style, the set up, and the books are different! Too fun!

Kirsten Hubbard said...

YES I'm glad you're loving Ender's Game! Let me know when you finish so we can chat it up.

Becca said...

I love indie bookstores! Sounds like you guys had a blast. :)