Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reading in 2010

So I am in the midst of waiting for my first ever made from scratch brownies to cook, and I decided blogging might be a good way to pass the time. I've been feeling a little like a blog slacker lately.


The other day, I was perusing the lovely blog of Kate Hart, and I noticed her 100 book challenge list on the side. Now I'm not brave enough to do the 100 book challenge, because I think it might take the fun out of reading for me, with all the pressure! (Although I think it's a cool idea. And one day, maybe.) But what's cool about Kate's list is, it doesn't just include published books, but beta reads too (mine included!)

After I saw it, I started to wonder how many books I read a year, if I include beta reads. So I've decided to keep track of how many books I read in 2010, and at the end of the year, I'll share my stats. Because I find that sort of thing interesting.

Not sure this post quite counts as unslacking, but good enough!

By the way, this took me so long to write--because of distractions, not slow typing--that my brownies came out of the oven. They look and smell delicious, so I'm thinking success?

6 comments:

Amna said...

I think I'll join you :D

Chanelley said...

That is such a good idea! I might join too :D

Sarah said...

I might join too! Keep me updated on yo books! :-)

Medeia Sharif said...

I'm trying to read 100 books this year. Right now I'm at 11.

Rachele Alpine said...

I'm doing this too...also try to keep track of the pages of each..it's interesting to see how many pages you read in a year!

Madeline-Rose said...

I gave you an award over at my blog! Come check it out!