Wednesday, February 24, 2010

RTW: If I could be any character...

This week's Roadtrip Wednesday question is: if I could be any character in a book, who would I be?


This is harder than I originally anticipated. Leila's post on the subject kind of exemplifies the process that went on my brain when I was trying to decide.

I think I've settled on Fire, from Fire by Kristin Cashore. It would probably suck a lot to have men chasing her around all the time, and monsters trying to kill her. But she has really cool hair. Wouldn't it be fun to have bright hair that looked good, not fake? And more importantly: she has Brigan.

My slight love of Brigan is second only to my less slight love of Gale in The Hunger Games, and let's face it: being Katniss would really suck.

Fire also does lots of interesting things. I think it would be cool to live in her high fantasy world with castles and epic battles and all that fun stuff.

So that's my kind of short, kind of lame answer. Want to see some others? Visit YA Highway to see what my co-bloggers said, and to link your own!

5 comments:

Stephanie Jenkins said...

I haven't read FIRE yet, but I've heard incredible things about it. I think I'll have to pick it up during my next B&N trip! :)

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

Bright red hair would be totally awesome, LOL. Love it!

houndrat said...

Haven't read Fire yet--up and up fantasy isn't reall my thing--but I've heard it's great. And hey, hard to pass up good hair! :D

Leila Austin said...

Oh, I loved Brigan. Maybe I would be Fire after all, just for Brigan.

And good hair is always important too :-)

Medeia Sharif said...

Hi, Kaitlin. I have another blog award waiting for you on my blog. http://sharifwrites.blogspot.com/2010/02/only-alien-on-planet-kristen-randle.html