Monday, March 22, 2010

The awesomesauce award

Vee Roth is pretty awesomesauce herself, and for some reason, she decided I was worthy of this super adorable award she created. Here are her rules for passing this puppy on to others:


"Rules if You Get Sauced: (Yes, I amuse myself.) Basically: define awesome, and then name 8 people you think fit that definition. You don't have to pass the award on if you don't want to. This is really just for my own amusement.

Awesomesauce: the quality of being awesome with ease, ie: just as spaghetti sauce flows easily from the jar, so does the awesome flow easily from them.

Awesome: Awesome, in this case, means one of two things (or both):
A. They make me choke on whatever I'm eating on a regular basis because they're so freaking funny.
B. They generally exude an air of cleverness, wackiness, or badassry."

...So. I thought long and hard about my eight. And here they are:

1) Lee: Because I swear she's secretly a teen. And because she's always up around the same time as me in the morning, so I have someone to talk to while all the west coasties are still curled up in their little beds. Her website also has one of the coolest looking banners I've ever seen.

2) Vee: That's right. I gave her back the award she created. I dare you to tell me I can't! She cracks me up on twitter and her blog is hilarious, and I remember her being one of our earliest participants in YA Highway's Roadtrip Wednesday. Which, let's face it, makes her pure, undiluted awesome. (Also I intentionally put Lee and Vee in a row because I like how they rhyme.)

3) Leah: Her blog is pretty stellar, but more importantly, she watches Legend of the Seeker. And tweets about it. I feel justified in my obsession with that show since I know someone else shares it!

4) Jamie: Her blog posts make me giggle, but they're helpful, too! Also, she deserves to be awesomesauced just for having blogged once about the horror that is men in skinny jeans (seriously, ew, boys. Don't do this.)

5) Michelle: There are a lot of reasons Michelle is awesome. I won't list them all, because I'm scared it will go to her head...but really. She does so many cool things! Just look at her blog, and you will see. Plus, you will also see her way too modest announcement that she's just landed a fantastic agent for her totally incredible book.

6) Kathy: This is a girl who, hardly knowing me at all, took the great brave leap and volunteered to beta my manuscript. That's right, volunteered. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is.

7) Leila: Because she always manages somehow to be both hilarious and eloquent at the same time. She's really going to have to explain to me how she does this.

8) Sage: She is a mod at AW, with the dangerous task of having to keep an eye on the ever-hormonal young adult board. And she does it really well. I also admire her perseverance, and I love how honest and straightforward her blog is.

So there you have it, my eight! Bask in your awesomeness, lovelies :)

5 comments:

Michelle Schusterman said...

*HUGS*

Thank you Kaitlin!!!! That's such a cute award, too. "Awesomesauce" will be an official English word by 2011, I predict.

V said...

You just totally proved my point about you being awesomesauce. (and not just because you gave it back to me.)

Also: thanks, buddy. :-D

Leah Michelle said...

Thanks darlin! *feels all warm and fuzzy*

Kathy Bradey said...

Thanks K :)
I'm totally glad I did too!!! (Everyone who hasn't read and wants to... stick up your hand now! Hehe).

x

houndrat said...

Yay for awesomesauce awards! Oh, and there's totally a dialogue line in my trunked WIP about the awfulness that are skinny jeans for men. I entered a contest and one judge highlighted it and said "lol-amen!"

:D