Monday, March 15, 2010

Beta love and books

I'm going to start with books. Or a book, to be more accurate.

An order from Amazon came in last Wednesday, and I finished HOURGLASS by Claudia Gray on Friday. It's the third book in a series, so obviously I'm not going to say too much. Most anything I wrote would probably contain spoilers, but I am still thinking about it so obviously this book needs to be blogged about. So a couple of spoiler-free comments:
1) I fully expected to love this book. I loved the first two, so it only makes sense that I would. But I did not expect to think it was the best of the three. I thought STARGAZER was so great that I didn't figure this one could top it, but it surprised me and made me feel things, and that was awesome.
2) I read the first two books back in June or so of last year, and since it'd been so many months, I was sort of starting to forget how awesome Balthazar was. He and Gale (THE HUNGER GAMES) are pretty much tied at the top of my what fictional character I would most like to meet in real life list. I could say more things but I don't think I need to scare anyone.

Ok that's really all I've got for non-spoilery, so moving on...

I also really appreciate and adore everyone who read/is reading SO DEAD (finally! A permanent title, thanks to Michelle and her brainstorming skills) for me. So...
....you ladies rule!

11 comments:

Kate Hart said...

Right back at'cha! <3

V.M.Pettingill said...

Awww thanks! And you know I sooo appreciate all the beta you've done for me. Love the new title by the way. It fits it perfectly!

Amanda Hannah said...

I'm so reading Hourglass soon.
And thanks :) It was an awesome book to read!

Lee Bross said...

SO DEAD RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Kaitlin Ward said...

Lee, you are so eloquent ;)

Kathy Bradey said...

Thankles! :) And cool title! x

Michelle Schusterman said...

w00000t!! Happy to help. :D

Tahereh said...

awww great post! and you probably didn't mean this to be funny, but what you said about HOURGLASS making you "feel things" was hilarious.

what, pray tell, did you feel, exactly?

hehehe

Becca said...

Love the new title! I'm glad I got to read it. FANTASMICAL BOOK! :D

<3

Kaitlin Ward said...

LOL Tahereh. So I should have assumed someone would take it that way ;)
Really I was just being vague, but don't worry--I didn't have to take any cold showers.

Kody Keplinger said...

Love you!