Wednesday, March 31, 2010

RTW: If writing made me rich

Yep, this week's topic asks what I would do if I became megarich off my writing. Beware, my dreams are pretty simple.


1) I'd take care of the boring stuff. Paying off the rest of my student loans, putting money away for Michael's college education, put a good chunk away for retirement (or more than a good chunk, depending on just how rich I am.)

2) A new car. This is a priority. I hate our car. I don't need anything too fancy. My ideal car costs around $40,000--a Chrysler 300c. (I would also like a Bentley but I'm not sure I'd ever be alright with spending that much on a car...) Maybe I would let my boyfriend get a new car too (or a 4-wheeler or snowmobile at the very least). I would definitely pay off the one we have now, regardless.

3) A house! Okay, maybe that picture is a little fancier than what I'd want/need (although I wouldn't say no...). Probably something more like this. We definitely want a log home, and I would buy a pretty big plot of land if I had the money to. Because I would like to have a couple horses, definitely chickens. Maybe more. It would depend on the land and on the money.

4) I'd take a couple of good vacations. I really want to visit Rome again, and probably I would let my boyfriend choose somewhere he wanted to go, too.

5) Give something to my parents. They've spent a lot of money on me over the years. And to charities that matter to me and to my boyfriend.

The end.

What would you spend your money on? Wander to YA Highway and share, or just read what other people said!

12 comments:

Lee Bross said...

Wow! I want that house!!!!!

The best part of dreaming is that anything is possible!!!

Emilia Plater said...

<33 Log homes! Awesome list :D And that's so sweet that you'd give some to your parents.

Kristin Miller said...

Ooo, very Snow White in the woods fairytale castle! Yup, definitely take care of the boring stuff, first. Debt-freeness is lovely, lovely.

Jess said...

Ahh, a girl after my own heart! I LOVE log cabins!

Michelle Schusterman said...

Ah Rome...that would be on my list too. Love that house!

Kate Hart said...

*raises hand* I would also like a log cabin. On my farm.

V. Roth said...

Your simple dreams are wonderful. Can I drink iced tea on your peaceful porch, and/or ride in your sensible-yet-stylish vehicle? ;-)

Teashop Girl said...

I second everything you said, and I would take every single towel in my apartment to goodwill and go buy new thick clean ones. :)

sarahenni said...

That house looks incredible! I have a serious case of millionaire house envy.

Medeia Sharif said...

Nice house. I'd like that, too, and plenty of traveling.

Kirsten Hubbard said...

I quite like that house. you're a millionaire! Dream BIG!

Kathy Bradey said...

Is that a house from 17-Mile Drive? They're crazy beautiful houses... and so is that one!