Monday, April 12, 2010

The YA community & more cover love

First of all, Kody Keplinger unveiled the final cover for her book, THE DUFF, which will be out September 2010, and the cover is fabulous, so go check it out if you haven't yet.


And now. I gush a lot--maybe too much--about the writing community. The friendships (okay, when I typed that I couldn't help but hear Emilia sing it while making her adorable little heart hands) are so strong, it's almost unbelievable. Twenty, or even ten, years ago, no one would've thought you could bond so thoroughly with people you may or may not ever meet in person, but you really can.

So I wanted to blog about the YA community, because while other groups of writers might be just as close, it's the YA writers who I know best. And I think they're so amazing! Not only my group of lovelies who I blog with at YA Highway, but there are other cool groups like OPWFT and the YA Rebels. And people who hang out in the various YA chat threads on Absolute Write. And who tweet. They're all so amazing and hilarious and wonderful. I love talking to people on IM, on twitter, via email. Love beta reading for people who I didn't know very well and finding out that they're a super cool person. Reading everyone's blogs. And not to be left out are agents who rep YA (not that agents who rep other stuff are uncool, but, you know.) They're hilarious and amazing too. As are book bloggers.

I wish I could be BFFs with every last person in this wild little community we have, and of course that isn't possible, but I figured a post in tribute to everyone's awesomeness was certainly due. I have so much fun with all of you, and I hope you all continue to be the amazing, brilliant people that you are, because you all brighten my day. Every. Single. Day.

8 comments:

Kody Keplinger said...

OH, Kaitlin! I love you. And the community. :-)

Kirsten Hubbard said...

your awesomeness is the brightest shiniest star of all.

Kate Hart said...

<3 <3 <3

Rachele Alpine said...

Awww...great post! :)

Kathy Bradey said...

Fantastic post! I never realised there was this whole universe of awesome writers out there until AW! :)

<3 You're ace, m'dear!

Krista Ashe said...

I'm so very blessed to be a part of this community! And I'm even more blessed to count you as one of my peeps! Love ya! :)

sagelikethespice said...

Aw, you're so cute

Glen Akin said...

awww bless. This is cute. And yeah, we all love you too ;)