Sunday, May 2, 2010

New blog layout and an award

Yep I spent much of my weekend (and Friday) redesigning my blog. I did adore my old template--it was gorgeous!--but I wanted something plainer and cleaner so reading the blog will be easy on the eyes. Plus, I feel a little proud because I did it myself this time--that's my blood, sweat, and tears you see in there.


...you don't see any of those things? Okay, so maybe there was no blood or tears, but it's pretty hot out so there is some sweat.


Anyhow, since I was posting, I decided it was high time I did an award post, since I got a blog award a couple weeks ago. The Superior Scribbler award, courtesy of the super awesome Jennifer.

Here are ~the rules~ that come with this award, and my random commentary, just because I feel like it:

*Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. (I'm going to cheat, see below)

*Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. (Done, and can I just say again, Jenn rocks.)

*Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award. (Whatever I'm supposed to link to where it says 'this post' was lost well before this got to me, so you'll just have to live without.)

*Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog. (Yay this part was easy!)

Okay, and now for who I'm going to give it to. I'm going to cheat, like I said above. I'm only going to give it to one person, because ALL the blogs I follow are awesome and I struggle when I have to try to pick too many.

Soooo I'm passing this award to Michelle Schusterman, because she and her blog rock (by the way if you're reading this on Sunday, you might not be able to see her blog right now. But soon, soon.) She is remodeling her blog this weekend too, so, you know, we are one.

9 comments:

V.M.Pettingill said...

Nice new layout!! :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the new look. :)

Michelle Schusterman said...

YAYYYY!!!

Thank you! Such perfect timing, I just finished mine too. :D

LOVE this layout. I like scrolling down to see the full background picture. Community of treehouses ftw, that is so cool!

I will post this in my Two for Tuesday. And I may follow your example, because there are so many great blogs, I don't know how to pick either. :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous new layout- I love it :)

Sarah Enni said...

The new site looks great! I spent quite a few weekend hours overhauling mine, too -- must have been something in the air (like humidity) keeping us all inside?

Rachele Alpine said...

I like the new look! Congrats on your award...I agree with Jennifer's choice! Your blog is one I visit every day. :)

Tahereh said...

GEEZ WHERE HAVE BEEN LIKE ZOMG??

also: YAY YOU'RE BACK OMG OMG!!

and congrats to you AND Michelle for winning the award!!

woo hoo!!

<333

Emilia Plater said...

Love the layout!! <33 So fash :)

houndrat said...

Love the new layout! (I need to learn how to do it myself, too--boo! :D

And YAY for blog awards (tho, um, I think I have some mouldering away somewhere...hmmm....)