Wednesday, May 12, 2010

RTW: whose tweets would I follow?

So this week's topic is kind of cool (and random). Which literary characters I would follow on twitter. This is trickier than it sounds! I immediately wanted to just pick all my favorite love interests (hello, Gale, Balthazar, and Brigan!) but I don't actually think any of them would tweet entertainingly. So after some serious thought, here's who I would most likely follow on twitter:


*Regina, from SOME GIRLS ARE by Courtney Summers. Because she would be snarkily hilarious.
*Nick, from THE DEMON'S LEXICON by Sarah Rees Brennan. Partly because at least one of my favorites from my hot guys list has to make it. But also because I'm sure if he were actually convinced to tweet, he would tweet sarcastic, inappropriate things.
*Fred and/or George, from HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling. Do I have to explain?
*Luna Lovegood, also from HARRY POTTER. Because she's so strange. I would love to hear her advice on how to protect myself from all the imaginary things she thinks are real. (What if some of those things ARE real??)
*Sophie, from HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins. I laughed out loud about a million times while reading the book, so I can only imagine.

Who would YOU follow on twitter? Hop on over to YA Highway, where you can share and see what others said!

15 comments:

Abby Stevens said...

Definitely Luna, Fred and George! They'd definitely brighten my day if I needed it.

Holly Dodson said...

Fred and George would be hysterical! (And YAY for getting comments to post again! lol)

Cheyanne Young said...

LOL awesome post! I would totally follow the Weasley twins, Hagrid, Vic from Evernight, & Michael Scott from The Office

Sarah Enni said...

Ohhhh man I totally forgot Luna Lovegood! Or maybe I'd just follow The Quibbler.

Awesome choices!

Chanelley said...

Luna and the Weasley twins would be SO funny to follow on twitter!!

Kristin Miller said...

Totally agree on the twins and Luna. And I seriously thought about Regina, but worried that it might be too much of a roller coaster, lol.

Kate Hart said...

I can't believe I forgot Fred and George. I'm embarrassed to be me.

Michelle Schusterman said...

I also would love to see some Twin Tweets. Great list!

The Blue Lipstick Samurai said...

Fred, Luna, and George need their own MTV reality show, methinks. But Twitter works too. :)

Alexa said...

Great picks. I'd definitely follow Luna :)

Kirsten said...

I'd for sure follow Fred and George! Although I have this feeling that they'd tweet so much it'd overrun my feed...

Tahereh said...

dude FRED AND GEORGE WOULD BE AWESOMESAUCE to follow.

but isn't fred dead? or was it george?

can't remember.

AWESOME LIST, LOVE!

also: LOVING the new look!!

Remilda Graystone said...

I picked Fred and George too!! And you're right about Nick, he would probably tweet sarcastic and inappropriate things. And Luna Lovegood is an awesome choice, even though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know what she'd be talking about.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I like to pretend that whole dying part didn't happen, Tahereh. SO ANGERING.

Alicia Gregoire said...

I keep forgetting about Luna, but her tweets would be entertaining.