Wednesday, September 1, 2010

RTW: Best book of August (spoiler free!)

This month, I'm kind of cheating, and I'm going to do three books.

The first is a predictable choice, and I'm sure MOCKINGJAY will be getting tons of RTW love this month (how could it not?!) I don't really know what to say about it, aside from this: while there were things I disliked and things I wish could have been handled differently, I found it a satisfying conclusion to one of the best trilogies I've ever read.





Awesome book #2: ANGELFIRE by Courtney Allison Moulton. It was really cool to read this book in ARC form. And Will easily joins my list of absolute favorite love interests. (And this is not a long list!)





Awesome book #3: HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins. I won an ARC of this book in November, and I have now read it four times, the most recent of which was on my flight back from LA at the beginning of August. This book manages to be effing hilarious while also having a kickass plot. The fact that I've read it four times should tell you something.


So what was your favorite book that you read in August? Visit YA Highway to share!

12 comments:

Erinn said...

Hex Hall is on my list. I put it there after I read the author;s post at Writeoncon!

Bee said...

Still waiting for my copy of Mockingjay..

..and going nuts! :(

Sarah Enni said...

I really, REALLY want to read Angelfire after reading your review at YA Highway and here. And I have been on the waiting list for Hex Hall at my library for apprx 2 months. WTH. Might just have to go get it!

Michelle Schusterman said...

Hex Hall! *adds to list*

Four times, damn.

Amanda Hannah said...

I have got to get Hex Hall! It's been on my list for a while.

Tere Kirkland said...

Got ot go with Mockingjay. But September will be more difficult to choose, I fear. I've already got Paranormalcy, and soon Personal Demons to read!

Kate Hart said...

Four times? I should have stolen that ARC from you while you were sleeping.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I would've hunted you down, Kate. :P

Caitlin said...

*squeals* I have a signed ARC of Angelfire heading my way, I'm so pumped! What an awesome selection, I'm jealous! :D

Jess said...

Ooo! Hex Hall looks really good!

Rebecca B said...

I totally agree that MOCKINGJAY's conclusion was satisfying (even if it took me a few days to feel that way after finishing it).

Girlinbetween said...

ooo, Hex Hall looks quite good!

And mockingjay 0___0