Wednesday, December 15, 2010

RTW: What do I want from Santa?

To get the full effect of this week's RTW, you should probably go ahead and read Lee's super amazing poem on the YA Highway post, but the gist of the topic is: What do you want Santa to bring you this year?

Well, I could be totally lame and say that there's nothing I need from Santa -- I already have a great fiance and child and the best friends ever -- but I can certainly come up with some material things I wouldn't say no to if Santa decided to bring them. (Shoot, I don't have a chimney! hehe.)

I've sort of wanted a Kindle for a while, and lately I've really wanted one. I'm never going to stop buying physical books, ever. But I can only own so many, and a Kindle would be great for reading books I want to read but don't want to own, and also for reading friends' mss.

I would also take any and all of the millions of books on my to-read list. What is up with all the new awesome books coming out before I can get to the old awesome books?? (But don't stop coming out, new awesome books!)

A new couch, maybe, because I haven't bought one yet for my new apartment.

A device that slaps me every time I chew on my sweatshirt strings. It is so gross and yet I CANNOT STOP.

The awesome red Wii! Obviously I'm not going to buy one because that's just stupid, but I totally think that people who already have Wiis should be able to exchange theirs for the pretty red one.

A million dollars. (What? I promise, I would spend it wisely!)

Share your own post on YA Highway, and while you're there (speaking of gifts!) check out our holiday giveaway if you haven't yet. Lots and lots and lots of prizes.

10 comments:

Katy said...

A million dollars? No problem! My To-Read list is out of control too... hoping to knock some of that out during the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Shoot. I forgot to ask for the million dollars. That would take care of a few of my stresses:)

Alicia Gregoire said...

I like the money portion, but who wouldn't?

Great list.

Sarah Enni said...

WHAT THERE IS A RED WII HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS

Seriously. That's like the red-and-white Twilight versions. If it's new and shiny and pretty I want it SO BAD. I would trade it in for sure.

Kate Hart said...

A million dollars. I would also like to go to there.

Abby Stevens said...

Maybe I should've added a million smackers to my list, too. Smart thinking, Kaitlin. ;)

Pam Harris said...

There's a red Wii?? *scurries to Google*

Kaitlin Ward said...

It's a limited edition Christmas one! Maybe it's already gone, but I saw it in a store one day and I wanted it SO MUCH. (Sarah, ditto on the red and white Twilight books. I so so want them!)

Gracie said...

You chew on sweatshirt strings... I chew on headphones, I've already broken two pairs and got a few shocks... not fun. I seriously need to break that habit!

Horserider said...

Wait...they have red Wiis? O.O I'm with you on the e-reader. I'm hoping to get a Nook sometime in the next eight months. I'll never stop buying and reading paper books, but it's so shiny...