Wednesday, September 29, 2010
What was the best book you read this month? Visit YA Highway to share your link and see what others said!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
|For real you guys, this picture of (part of) my parents' barn came up when I googled it!|
Friday, September 10, 2010
In less than a week, I will be turning twenty-five. A quarter century. (I know, doesn't it sound scary when you say it that way?) I'm actually feeling pretty zen about this, which might surprise you if you saw how I reacted to turning twenty.
Since sometime in my early twenties, I've had three main before-thirty life goals: get married, have a baby, and have a house. More recently, I added selling a book to that list, because, why not be optimistic? Now, I have the baby, I'm getting married in March, and we'll see about the rest.
I hadn't thought too hard about this until lovely fellow YA Highwayer Lee Bross said something about making a five year plan on twitter. And they I thought, a five year plan? What a perfect time to do that. So I sat down, and I made one.
I like having goals because without having something to work towards, I tend to be a little all over the place. So now, I'm going into age twenty-five with new goals, one of them being not to worry so much about my age anymore.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
What are DUFF kits?
"...comforting little collections that you can use on a relaxing night either alone or with friends. Things that are purely comfortable and fun and require zero pressure to be the prettiest in the room or the smartest or the funniest."How do you make one? Put together:
1. Your favorite (very caloric!!!) drink
2. Your most comfy and old shoes
3. Movies featuring your favorite male actor(^I stole the above explanation of this week's RTW from Kate.)
4. Your favorite junk food
5. Your most comfortable piece of clothing
So here is mine!
2) My oldest shoes are pretty much the opposite of comfy. I'm not that into shoes in general, but I like giant fuzzy socks!
4) Uh oh. I have to have a favorite junk food? I keep fluctuating between cheese curls and popcorn (with lots of butter--I don't do this the healthy way) and plain potato chips and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. OH and brownies with the ice cream. I could make all of those things into one big snack, right?
What would you put in your DUFF kit? Let us know at YA Highway!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
This month, I'm kind of cheating, and I'm going to do three books.
So what was your favorite book that you read in August? Visit YA Highway to share!