Wednesday, April 27, 2011

RTW: Musical Inspiration

I didn't used to make playlists of any sort for my WIPs, because I usually have a hard time listening to music while writing. It distracts me. But then I started to find it fun to figure out which songs might go with which manuscripts, and now I have all sorts of playlists. But I'll just link to a couple songs for each that go the best, in my mind, with each.

So Dead: 
Life is Beautiful by Sixx: AM
I'm Alive by Kenny Chesney & Dave Matthews

Unthawed:
When You're Young by 3 Doors Down
Diamond Eyes by Shinedown

High Fantasy WIP:
Dragonfly by Shaman's Harvest
Burning Bright by Shinedown

Do you have favorite songs for your WIPs? Visit YA Highway and share your link!

15 comments:

Pam Harris said...

The only bands I know from your list all Shinedown and 3 Doors Down--but I love discovering new music. :)

Sarah Enni said...

I have heard approximately zero of these songs. Bookmarking for later so I can look them up! Yay new music!

Alicia Gregoire said...

Kenny Chesney is still around? I thought he only had one song!

Tracey Neithercott said...

I've only heard the Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews song. I think I need to spend some time on iTunes this afternoon. I love finding new songs!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Alicia--Kenny Chesney is still around! He's still very popular. Funnily enough I actually don't particularly like Kenny Chesney OR Dave Matthews, but I like this one song :)

Karla Nellenbach said...

life is beautiful is a wonderful song...so is when youre young...IMO. nice choices :)

Stephanie S. Kuehn said...

I know a couple of the songs, but not all. But yes, it's so neat how music/emotion gets imprinted on a manuscript.

Meredith said...

Like Tracey, I only know the Dave Matthews/Kenny Chesney song. This RTW is great. I'm discovering a lot more cool, new music!

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Thanks for sharing. I like that Dragonfly song...hadn't heard it before.

Rebecca B said...

I love that you SO DEAD songs both have "alive" and "life" in the title. Thanks for sharing this great music!

Miss Cole said...

3 Doors Down! Oh wow that takes me back. Great choice!

KO: The Insect Collector said...

Cool!

Lora said...

Great song choices! I usually didn't make playlists, but if a song comes to mind, it is fun to come up with a soundtrack for a story.

Trisha Leigh said...

NIce! I like a lot of those songs and bands. I have trouble listening to music while writing too, I usually have Buffy or Seinfeld reruns on in the background :)

Kathleen said...

I've never heard any of these. I feel so unhip!