Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DIVERGENT Faction-of-the-Week Challenge!

So I know I'm totally a day late on posting this. But isn't that fitting? This week is Abnegation, and if I'm being Abnegationy, I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself by being ~first~ ...right? (Alright, fine. I have no excuse.)

In the spirit of Abnegation selflessness, instead of explaining what this is, I'm going to just direct you to the brilliant Debra Driza's blog, because she's the one who came up with this idea, and her post explains all.

All week, I am going to try and do Abnegation-like things, and then on Friday, I will post about them.

p.s. this book is awesome, and if you haven't picked up DIVERGENT yet, you really, truly should.

and this is completely separate, but since I'm writing a blog post already, if you're interested in winning a shiny ARC of SHUT OUT by Kody Keplinger (another book that rocks), YA Highway is giving one away!

3 comments:

Sarah Enni said...

YAY ABNEGATION! Oh, sorry, was that too much excitement? I'll just be sitting here with a canvas bag on, depriving myself. Of things?

This week is hard.

Kathy Bradey said...

I agree... super difficult! I think mine will be small acts...

Sarah Nicolas said...

"YAY ABNEGATION! Oh, sorry, was that too much excitement? I'll just be sitting here with a canvas bag on, depriving myself. Of things?"

HAHAHA! Oh man. I'm so glad I wasn't born in the Abnegation faction. Doing good things wouldn't be a problem - it's the keeping my mouth shut that would be the issue :-)