Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: Best Book of the Month

Well, I went to BEA at the end of last month, so my bookshelf is definitely not lacking. But I've also been busy, so I haven't read nearly as much as I should. Still, I read some GREAT books this month, but I will pick just one favorite:

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin.

I'm still reading this one, actually, but I'm almost done. I've been reading it since early May. It is a beast--1000 pages, and really, the thing doesn't have any wasted words, which is quite a feat at that length. So it's taken me a while to read, because sometimes my brain is too tired to absorb all the awesome. But it truly is awesome.

Also, if you've been watching Game of Thrones (which is a BRILLIANT book to TV adaptation; they stuck so well to the plot I don't even know how they managed) and don't want to wait until 2012 to know what happens next...


What was your favorite book this month? Blog about it and link on YA Highway!

12 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

That really is a feat for a book that long. I'm glad to hear it's worth the read, though!

Alicia Gregoire said...

Game of Thrones is on the watch list, but I also want to read the book. Is Clash of Kings the first?

Kaitlin Ward said...

Alicia--A Clash of Kings is second. A Game of Thrones is first :)

Marilyn Almodóvar said...

I've heard a lot about the books and the TV show, still haven't been able to read/watch... I might put a copy on the TBR pile, after reading the Amazon blurb, I'm definitely getting a copy for my mom of the Games of Throne one, her birthday is in August and she loves these types of books.

Stephanie S. Kuehn said...

Ah, I keep hearing such great things about these books. I've enjoyed the series, so I might have to pick them up.

Sarah Enni said...

Oooh I love it. So tempted to read the books, but like you said, they're so massive... meep! But I do love comparing film adaptations to their inspiration... oh man.

KO: The Insect Collector said...

These are huge books! I was reading clash of kings, but lost it on a trip to boston. I think I'm getting intimidated by it, because it is SUCH a big, long series. I'll have to set some serious time aside to read them.

Angelica R. Jackson said...

My hubby has been mowing through the Kings books--he waited to read them again because of the show, and because he gets so disgusted with how long Martin takes to write each one.

danaalisonlevy said...

It's definitely time to jump into these big boys...they just sound too awesome!

Alison Miller said...

They both sound awesome! And I'll have to keep a lookout for the TV adaptation - you know - if I can get the channel off of iCarly or Phineas and Ferb. :)

Kirsten Hubbard said...

I keep glancing at book three, but I'll probably wait til next year, after GoT S2.

Medeia Sharif said...

I've only read a few books that length in my life, but A Clash of Kings looks so good that I added it to my wish list.