Wednesday, July 27, 2011

RTW: Best book of July

This is easy, and not just because I haven't read a ton of books this month. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor was not only the best book I've read this month, but one of the best books I've read ever.

Everything about it was awesome, and it's so completely unique. The setting, the characters, the writing, the plot, all of it. Also I loved that when weird mythological stuff happens in the normal everyday world, people notice. It adds a layer of reality to the book.

I could go on about it, but I won't. It's amazing. That's all.

What was your favorite read this month? Visit YA Highway to share!

14 comments:

Rebecca B said...

"Also I loved that when weird mythological stuff happens in the normal everyday world, people notice." So true! That's one of my favorite things--reading about characters responding to the slightly paranormal/mythological/etc.

Susanne Winnacker said...

I've heard sooo many good things about that book!

Tere Kirkland said...

This really is one of the best written, most satisfyingly plotted books I've read all YEAR!

I just wish I had the sequel already! ;)

Emy Shin said...

I adore this book -- it's definitely my favorite read of July, too. :)

beck nicholas said...

I just visited Emy's blog and now I'm even more curious. *waits impatiently*

Pam Harris said...

Must get my hands on a copy. Like now.

Sarah Enni said...

I loved this too!!! Can't wait for it to come out for real so everyone can talk about it!

Aimee Renee said...

The cover of that book is gorgeous! It sounds like something I would enjoy, especially with the word "mythological" thrown in there. I'm going to have to check it out sometime.

Rachel Brooks said...

This book is on my TBR list. I can't wait to read it!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Ooo. Mythology. Sounds good.

Tracey Neithercott said...

I cannot wait to read this book! I also love a modern world with some magic or fantastical elements.

Lori Ann Stephens said...

Here's one I haven't heard of yet. Sounds like one I need to read.

Escape Artist said...

I wasn't sure about this one until I read your comments, so I'm off for another trip to my local book shop!
I think I'm keeping them in business all by my lonesome! Thanks for the tip! : )

Lora said...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone sounds amazing! Yet another book to add to my goodreads to-read list.