Friday, December 30, 2011

Best of 2011: Most Anticipated of 2012

It's the last day of Sarah's Best of 2011 blogfest. Today's topic is the five books we're most looking forward to in 2012. This is hard. I didn't expect it to be this hard. There are a ton of books I'm looking forward to next year. I have several friends with books (debuts or otherwise) coming out next year, and I'm excited about all of them. Plus there are millions of other books coming out that sound awesome, too. And sequels to books I enjoyed. So it was hard, and I changed my mind a lot when writing this list, but these are my top five choices at the moment I wrote this post. And since some of them don't have revealed covers yet, I'm going to not post pictures with this post. 

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard. I've already read this. And seen the illustrations. But I am so excited to get an actual, physical copy of this book with the drawings in it. It is going to be beyond awesome. 

Insurgent by Veronica Roth. So much happened at the end of Divergent. How could I not be anxiously awaiting the sequel?

Daughter of Smoke and Bone sequel by Laini Taylor. Well DoS&B was on all my lists that it could possibly be on this week, so yeah. I'm just about dying for the next book.

Crewel by Gennifer Albin. I have wanted to read this since I first saw it on PM. It sounds so. awesome.

Wrong Side of Dead by Kelly Meding. I had to pick one that wasn't YA, didn't I? It's hard for me to find adult urban fantasy series that I want to stick with book after book, but I'm really enjoying this series.

3 comments:

Stephanie S. Kuehn said...

Oooh, these all sound great. And yes, Insurgent! Must. Know. What. Happens!

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

I really like the sound of Crewel. Very unique!

Rachel Pudelek said...

I have heard so much about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm going to have to check that one out.