Monday, December 26, 2011

Best of 2011: Top 5 Favorite Songs to Write To

This year, I'm participating in Sarah Enni's annual best of the year blog series. It was harder than I expected to condense my year in books into lists of five. But also very fun. There are tons of other people participating too; check out Sarah's post to find them!

Today's topic is: Top 5 favorite songs/albums to write to in 2011. I don't write to albums, so I'm going with songs for this topic. I looked through my playlists and thought about all the songs on there and how much I've listened to them, and I picked the five that I think I listened to the most this year while writing. They may or may not actually have anything to do with my writing, but I listened to them anyway.

Call Me and Diamond Eyes both by Shinedown. I thought maybe I should only do one song per band since I'm not doing it by albums, but Shinedown is my favorite band and I listen to them a lot.

Dragonfly by Shaman's Harvest. I came across this song randomly and then proceeded to listen to it practically on repeat for like five months.

King Nothing by Metallica. I know this song is ridiculously old, but for some reason, it just was really effective for setting me in a good writing mood.

So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold. I'm also obsessed with several other songs on this album. But that's the one I've listened to the most.


1 comments:

Stephanie S. Kuehn said...

Metallica! You are too cool, lady. That's awesome. I love it. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!